Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Each week we share which books made their ways into our homes the previous weeks. Be warned: Mailbox Monday can lead to some serious book envy, huge wish lists and toppling TBR piles!


The first book to arrive last week was Jessica Z by Shawn Klomparens. I'll be reading Jessica Z as part of the initiative started by Catherine McKenzie (author of Spin), who wants to explore if readers can make a book a bestseller. More information about the interesting initiative can be found here on Goodreads. Just by purchasing these books or by joining the Goodreads group, you could win a Kindle!


In the same package was Shawn Klomparens' other book, Two Years, No Rain. I will also be reading this book as part of the Make a Book a Bestseller initiative. I'm debating which one to read first, because they both look great, but I think that I may start with his debut book (Jessica Z).


On Wednesday, two amazing contest wins arrived. A signed copy of Beach Week by Susan Coll arrived, a win from Sarah Pekkanen's Facebook page (if you're not already a fan of Sarah Pekkanen on Facebook, she's always giving away awesome prizes!). There is a blurb on the back calling Beach Week "hysterically funny", so I can't wait to read this one at the beach. Then again, it's a signed copy, so maybe it's too pretty to take to the beach! Regardless, I'll be reading it somewhere this summer!


The other win to arrive was a signed (and personalized!) copy of After You by Julie Buxbaum. I was thrilled to win this from Manic Mommy's blog- I've read both of Julie Buxbaum's books (my review of The Opposite of Love, and my review of After You) and I loved both of them. I can't wait to re-read this one, and then to put it with my (small, but still pretty cool) collection of signed books. (Note: I couldn't find a picture of the cover of the paperback that I received, so I'm using a picture of the hardcover's cover).


The final book to arrive was Jill Mansell's latest, Take a Chance on Me (okay, am I the only one who hears the ABBA song whenever I say that title?). I'm a Jill Mansell-aholic, so of course I was thrilled to get this one from Sourcebooks.

That's it for me for last week- which books arrived in your mailbox??

18 comments:

  1. You are not the only one. That song popped into my head immediately!
    You got some great books this week. About one a week is the most I can handle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Jessica Z last week. It took a few weeks to arrive at the store, but it's home with me now. Am looking forward to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was humming the song as soon as I saw the title! All of your books look like book I might enjoy. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mailbox; sounds like perfect summer books. enjoy

    here is my link:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received five books through Bookcrossing. Pussreboots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books for the week! :) Just popping in to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved After You. I saw the paperback cover, but I like the hardcover one better, don't you?


    My Mailbox Monday is posted on my book blog: <a href="http://www.5minutesforbooks.com/6192/mailbox-monday-june-14/>5 Minutes for Books<a/>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica Z looks intriguing. Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these sound really interesting. I hope you enjoy all of them especially After You. It looks like a great read. Here's my mailbox

    http://bookventuresbookclub.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday_14.html

    There also some new reviews up so feel free to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I adored After You -- that was one of my favorite reads last year! Buxbaum is an amazing writer. Lots of great books here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I think you'll enjoy Two Years, No Rain. Here's my mailbox: http://suko95.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday-summer-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I read and reviewed After You awhile ago and really enjoyed it! I also got Take A Chance On Me this week to review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful mailbox!! I am adding several to my wishlist! Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great mailbox week for you! Abba - gotta love 'em ... I'd love to see how the "make a book a bestseller" works out!

    Here is my mailbox monday: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got the Jill Mansell book, too, but it'll be in next week's mailbox because I didn't post one this week. Enjoy all your new books!

    --Anna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any book by Jill Mansell is great for the summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete