Friday, May 7, 2010

Things That I Love

For no reason other than I feel like it, here is a completely random posts about the things that I love:

1. Reading a book in the bathtub, which is why more of my books than I care to admit to have a tiny bit of water damage somewhere on their pages.

2. My PJ pants, which are black with white skulls and pink hearts. There is nothing like coming out of a hot bath and putting on my PJ pants!

3. Moosetracks Ice Cream, especially the Sobey's brand. I have no idea what they call it now because they changed the name to Vanilla-something-or-other, but those ribbons of chocolate and peanut butter cups? Mmmmm....

4. Chick Lit and Women's Fiction. I haven't quite determined the difference between the two, but they are like candy for me- I just can't resist!

5. Pretty much any book by one of the following authors (see #5): Jill Mansell, Wendy Holden, Emily Giffin, Sophie Kinsella/Madeleine Wickham, Jennifer Weiner and Cecelia Ahern. Their books are my crack, I swear!

6. My blog. I really love blogging, am passionate about it in fact, and kinda feel like it's my fourth child (one that talks back a lot less!)

7. Mascara that makes my eyelashes really long.

8. Brightly coloured nail polish, especially if there are sparkles in it!

9. Reading in a really comfortable lounge chair in the sun.

10. The spa!!!!! My hubby got me a GC for Christmas, which I'm really excited to use, but just haven't had the opportunity yet (soon!!!!). I cannot wait for my massage and facial!

11. The really cool motel which hubby and I went to for our (brief!) honeymoon in Grand Bend, Ontario and the fabulous restaurant right beside it.

12. The beach! Luckily I live about 15 minutes away from a great one, so the kids and I visit often in the summer.

13. IHRA Drag Racing. I never thought that I would be drag racing kind of girl, but hubby took me while we were dating and I was hooked! I've only missed one Ontario event to date, and that's because my son was less than two weeks old at the time. Hubby went without me, though, and I don't know if I've ever quite forgiven him, LOL!

14. Thunderstorms at night, especially while I'm lying in bed. There's something about them that I find immensely relaxing.

15. That new Miley Cyrus song, "When I Look At You". I've never been a huge Miley Cyrus fan, but the lyrics of this one are amazing!

16. Diamonds and sparkly things- I can't help it, it's something about being the only girl in a family of boys (even our Beta fish is male!)

17. Date night. It doesn't happen often enough, but when it does.....

18. "Glee". I am suprisingly hooked on this show and can't wait to get the entire first season on DVD 'cause I joined late in the game.

19. Any show with Ellen DeGeneres on it- now she is one funny woman!

20. Wine...if you're having a bad day, a glass of wine can cure all!

There are many more things that I adore. The colour purple. Silence. Noise. I could go on! But I'll cut it short for tonight. What things do you love?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved this random post! I love learning more about you! Like the new look of your blog too! I hear ya on reading in the bathtub and how mascara makes any woman's eyelashes look great! Great list Jonita! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete