Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! Motherhood comes in many different forms, and today I'm wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day!

The picture on the left is one of my very favourite pictures of my family, taken at our wedding almost 2 years ago. Age them by just under 2 years and you'll have an accurate picture of my family: E., 10, H., 4 (almost 5!), and J., 3. There's my handsome hubby as well, the person partially responsible for creating my beautiful babies!

I started on my journey of motherhood 10 years ago when I was only 17, and pretty much a baby myself. Thanks goodness for my mother, who not only offered endless help and advice but helped me to raise E. for the first couple of years (I love you, mom!!!). When E. was 2 1/2, I met my hubby and a couple of years later we expanded our family to include H., and 19 months later, J. Motherhood is a demanding, often thankless job, filled with late nights and butt-wiping and whining and emergency trips to the doctor. But as any mother out there will tell you, the benefits of being a parent outweigh the bad stuff every time. There's nothing quite like your child giving you a hug and kiss and telling you how much they love you. Morning cuddling, a sleeping child, sticky kisses, laugh-out-loud moments- these are the things that make being a mother so amazing and completely worth it.

So, moms, enjoy your day. Kick back, relax with a good book or a glass of wine, and revel in the fantastic job that you're doing!!!!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo. Happy Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo and a lovely story. Happy Mother's Day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family! Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous family you have - such handsome men and you are beautiful! Motherhood is the greatness blessing and miracle in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a gorgeous family! What a blessing. Happy belated Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete