Monday, December 28, 2009

Mailbox Monday


It's the last Mailbox Monday of 2009! Whew- those holidays went fast! In fact, this entire year flew by for me! If you're new to Mailbox Monday, this is the place where we share what was in our mailboxes last week. E-books and audio books count, checked out library books do not. This is kindly hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

This week was stellar week in books for me. I received one book for an upcoming tour, as well as one book for review. On Christmas Eve I received a package from my book blogger secret santa containing three new-to-me books! I also went shopping on boxing day and was going to pick up two books marked down to $4.99 with a gift card that I had, but when I got to the cash they rang up at $0.99 each! So, back to the book bin I went and I picked out a total of 9, which came to under $10 with taxes! Although I didn't get those in the mail I'm going to post about them anyways, just because I love reading what other people have purchased in their posts. These are the books that I received:

For an upcoming book tour: Spin by Catherine McKenzie

For review: The Last River Child by Lori Ann Bloomfield

From my secret santa: Saul and Patsy: A Novel by Charles Baxter
Split-Levels by Thomas Rayfiel
The Biographer's Tale: A Novel by A.S. Byatt

And finally the books that I got while shopping on Boxing Day!:
Varieties of Disturbance by Lydia Davies
The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter by Jane Sigaloff
Without a Backward Glance by Kate Veitch
Step-Ball-Change by Jeanna Ray
The Only True Genius in the Family by Jennie Nash
The Professor's Wives Club by Joanne Rendell
The Debutante Divorcee by Plum Sykes
Baggage Claim by Tanya Michna
A Bad Bride's Tale by Polly Williams

That was my week in books- what was in your mailbox last week?

6 comments:

  1. that should keep you reading for a week or so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Will you go shopping for books with me??? You got some great books! Enjoy : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great assortment of books. I've heard the Jennie Nash book is good. Happy reading!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather- Yeah! It should keep me busy for a bit :)

    Mary- Anytime you want to go book shopping, I'm your gal, LOL!

    Anna- I'm glad to hear that the Jenny Nash is good! I made sure that I only picked titles that appealed to me (or else I was just wasting my money) and luckily there were a lot of great ones in the "magic bin", LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buying! Hope you enjoy reading my first novel, Without a Backward Glance. (Boo hoo, no royalties for me on that sale!) My second novel TRUST is coming out next July, please contact my publishers Plume for a review copy if you think you'd like to review it after reading WABG.
    Best wishes
    Kate Veitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsa -- lots of great reading ahead for you -- hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete