Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hot Rod

Occasionally, I do something other than reading books (I know! It's unbelievable!) Last night we watched the movie "Hot Rod". Now, although I love thought-provoking, intelligent literature, I equally love stupid comedies. I'm especially a big fan of "Borat" (which most people I know hated), "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby", and any early Adam Sandler movie ("Happy Gilmore" anyone???). For this reason, because I love stupid movies, I loved "Hot Rod". It was stupid, yet actually funny, with some touching parts thrown in there for good measure. I loved the "Cool Beans" scene, the characters were well-casted, the whole thing well done. I don't like movies whose only feature is their stupidity, but I do like movies that manage to be funny yet stupid at the same time. Does this even make any sense? Probably not, but I'll stick to my opinion anyways! If you've ever watched a stupid movie and actually laughed, you'll like this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment