Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: "Double Click" by Lisa Becker

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen! Shelley, Ashley, Renee, Ethan and Mark are back in the sequel to Click, the aptly titled Double Click. Their circumstances have changed a little since we last met them- some are still looking for love, and others have found it- but they are the same funny, quirky, catty, lovable, close-knit clan. Ashley is having a baby, Renee is happily coupled up with Ethan, formerly known as "The Cuddler", Mark seems to have found "The One", and Shelley has a secret. Written in the same e-mail format as "Click" was, this eclectic group will work their way, via e-mail, through their various ups and downs, and they will work through them together.

I loved Double Click! If I had more time (darn working!! darn housework!!) I would have easily been able to devour it in one sitting. It was witty and charming, often romantic and funny, plus it made me appreciate my own friends even more! I will even admit to there being a tear or two in my eye at the end. Lisa Becker sure knows how to write a captivating ending! I've always enjoyed books written in e-mail format, and Becker stays true to form throughout the book, never wavering from proper e-mail format. That in itself made the whole thing feel like the conversations could actually be between real people! The situations felt realistic, and just like last time I found myself actually caring about and rooting for the characters.

My only complaints? It was too short!! I wanted more! It's not that Becker told an incomplete story, I just didn't want it to end. Also, I did find it hard to remember who was who at the beginning. It has been more than a year since I have read Click and I could have used some kind of a refresher. I did start remembering all of the characters and their various personality traits fairly soon in the story, but it took me a few pages!

Judging by the way that Double Click ended there will be a sequel. To that I say, bring it on! I can't wait! Double Click was a joy to read and an example of  how friendships can grow stronger as our life circumstances change, and I can't wait to find out what happens next!

2 comments:

  1. WOWEE WOW! Thanks for the fantastic review. While I don't currently have plans for a third in the series, I do have a working title - Right Click. So you never know. Stay tuned!
    Best, Lisa Becker

    ReplyDelete