Thursday, January 13, 2011

Swagbucks- The Easy Way To Earn Amazon Gift Cards!

Three and a half years ago, when I was on maternity leave with my youngest son, my husband and I made a scary decision: we decided that when my maternity leave was over I would quit my full-time job (complete with a two hour daily commute) and work part-time so that I could be home with our three boys. It was frightening, but I was lucky and I was able to find a job where I could take my kids along for the three hours a day that I am working. However, with a part-time job comes a part-time income, and I'm always looking for ways that I can supplement my income. I clip coupons and am always looking for companies willing to let me try their products for free, I do surveys online, and recently, through another blogger, I found out about Swagbucks.

The concept for Swagbucks is simple: search using their site and you'll earn "Swagbucks". Save up enough of these and redeem for great prizes or cash. A really popular option (and my favourite) is Amazon gift cards. The great thing about them is they offer them for Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Amazon.co.uk so that people around the world can earn and enjoy Swagbucks. I waited until I had used the site a bit before I decided to post about it (I wanted to make sure that it was legit and all that) but I'm happy to say that I have been using the site for a little over a month now and have already redeemed for $15 in Amazon.ca gift cards. It works! I'm excited because essentially using the Swagbucks site will buy me an extra book every month, and it is as simple as searching for the things that you would be searching for anyways. Let me tell you how I earn with them:

  • I have Swagbucks set as my homepage. Every morning when I log on to my computer I search for the e-mail sites that I would be visiting anyways and usually win Swagbucks on the first couple of searches. I search for the sites that I'm visiting using Swagbucks all day and usually win Swagbucks three times a day or so. Fridays are Mega Swagbucks days, so the chances of winning big are better!
  • I have also chosen to use their toolbar (optional) and I win 1 Swagbuck daily for using that. Partipating in the Daily Poll (only one question) and viewing their NOSO (no obligation special offers) earns me 1 Swagbuck per activity. It doesn't seem like much, but it adds up!
  • Refer people to Swagbucks. Every time one of your referrals wins by searching, you are credited the same amount, up to 1000 Swagbucks!
  • Watch Swagbucks TV when you get a chance. It's interesting to watch and you earn 5 Swagbucks for about every half hour you watch (it doesn't need to be consecutive).
  • Keep your eyes peeled for Swagcodes. These will be posted in the blog, on their Facebook page, on their Twitter, or on the Toolbar. I literally just redeemed one minutes ago worth 15 Swagbucks!
There are tons of other ways to earn, including surveys, special offers, and the newly added games section, but the ways above are what I do on a daily basis. It's easy, there's no pressure, you don't need to search for something specific to win (just search for what you would regularly search for) and like I mentioned above, I've earned $15 in Amazon.ca Gift Cards in a little over a month!

Plus, join today (yes, that is my referral link) and you'll receive 30 Swagbucks just for joining (the regular deal) PLUS you'll get 20 additional Swagbucks for using the code GameTime (you'll see the box to input a code on the right hand side. It says "Gimme"). This code is only available for use by new members. Essentially, join today and get 50 Swagbucks just for joining. Since a $5 Amazon.com or Amazon.ca gift card are only 450 Swagbucks, you'll have a great start!

I'm genuinely recommending this site to you (I'm not being compensated for this post, although if you join using my referral link I will receive Swagbucks when you win Swagbucks for searching). I'm enjoying the gift cards, and it's a great way to earn them with little or no effort on your part. Let me know how you like it or if you want to exchange tips for earning!

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of this but it sounds like a good program if you don't mind doing a little work.

    ReplyDelete