Monday, April 5, 2010

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Each week we share which books made their way into our mailboxes the previous week, and anyone can participate! Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to towering TBR piles and staggering book-related bills!

Last week my mailbox would have been completely empty (*gasp*) had it not been for the fact that Chapters.Indigo.ca was having a 10% off online purchases sale, and I had $60 in gift cards kicking around from Christmas. My order for the following 6 books came to $60.01 with taxes, so my poor credit card was charged with a penny! My husband couldn't figure out why it was that I needed more books, but addictions can't always be explained. These were the books in my order:

The Fidelity Files: A Novel by Jessica Brody
The Opposite of Me: A Novel by Sarah Pekkanan
Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon
Love in Translation: A Novel by Wendy Nelson Tokunaga
Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer (a steal at only $4.99!)
Conversations With The Fat Girl by Liza Palmer (another steal at only $4.99!)

I was quite happy to get my hands on all of these great books, some of which have been on my wishlist for a long time and others that were recent additions (both Liza Palmer novels were recent wishes and I was thrilled to get them at such a great price). What was in your mailbox last week?

10 comments:

  1. Nice mailbox! I keep reading great things about The Opposite of Me. Enjoy your bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband asks me the same thing all the time...and again yesterday when I told him there was a library sale this coming Sat. LOL

    Enjoy your new books!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably most bookaholics who have husbands get asked the same thing. The answer is "I just do"! No other explanation is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I've heard good things about Godmother. Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought The Opposite of Me a few weeks ago and so far one of my daughters read it (and really liked it). I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read The Opposite Of Me. Who knows why we really need more books! We just NEED them! Really we do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ENJOY, these look great Jonita.

    Here is my mailbox:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/04/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good list of books this week!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got some great books!

    I loved Fidelity Files and its sequel (which I reviewed on my blog) "Love Under Cover" - hope you like these books too!

    I read "Seeing Me Naked" by Liza Palmer and really enjoyed it - I have Conversations With the Fat Girl on my shelf to read.

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete