Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ahhhh, summer!

I just got back from an afternoon trip to the beach with my three boys, aged 10, 4, and 2. We only went for a couple of hours because it has been raining on and off all day. I'm hoping that it tired them out- entertaining three kids for the summer is a somewhat daunting task! Luckily for us, Turkey Point is a short 10 minute drive from where we live. We found a small stretch of beach where we can park and swim for free (the main beach, which is larger, charges considerably for parking).

I'm looking forward to spending lots of sunny afternoons there this summer. Last summer at this time I was busy getting ready for our July 19th wedding and with all the busyness I think that we only got out to the beach twice (and once was on our wedding day for pictures!) So here's to the summer and all of the promise it brings. And here's to a summer filled with lots of lazy afternoons reading a book on the beach! Happy summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment