Saturday, June 9, 2018

HOW TO WALK AWAY by Katherine Center

This was a heartwarming novel with characters that I loved and a *spoiler alert* happy ending.

Having just binged on the "Me Before You" series by JoJo Moyes, I was ready to read a similar book, and as a fan of Center's previous books, this piqued my interest.

Margaret Jacobson has it all- a handsome boyfriend as well as a bright future in her chosen career- when it is all ripped from her grasp in an instant. Trying to come to terms with the details and aftermath of the accident that she was in, she turns to Ian, her handsome yet aloof physiotherapist, to be honest with her about what is in store. Adding to everything is the reappearance of her wayward sister Kit, and the family secrets that come to light. The Jacobson family will never be the same.

How to Walk Away was an absolute pleasure to read, and it shed light on the very real plight of those who find themselves suddenly disabled after a lifetime of being able bodied. Center handled that topic with grace and sensitivity, and managed to make her readers fall in love with all of the members of the Jacobson family at the same time. I enjoyed reading this novel from start to finish!

The ending wrapped up a little too neatly for my liking as I enjoy a few loose ends here and there at the conclusion of a story that I have loved so much, but overall this is a book well worth reading and one that I hope many people choose to enjoy.

1 comment: