Sunday, April 15, 2018

THE GOOD LIAR by Catherine McKenzie

WOW! This one left me reeling right up to the very last page! The epilogue gave me actual goosebumps! I have ready every book by Catherine McKenzie so far but this one may well be my favourite to date- which is saying a lot!

Franny, Cecily, and Kaitlyn were all impacted by the tragic explosion that happened in Chicago on October 10, but in different ways.

Cecily. She has found herself the unwilling poster woman of the survivors of the tragedy. She lost her husband and her best friend in one fell swoop and has been left to cope alone. She is hiding something, however, and doesn't know when or if it will end up coming out.

Kaitlyn. mother, wife, survivor. She's running, but from what?

Franny. After finally finding her birth mother she is devastated to learn that she has lost her in the tragedy. Will she be able to move on?

The beginning of this book reads a little more like women's fiction than psychological fiction. It's clear from the beginning that all three women have some pretty big secrets to hide, but don't we all feel like we are hiding parts of ourselves from the outside world sometimes? What's really wrong with that at the end of the day? I settled in to this book quite comfortably, caught up in getting to know these three very different women and their tragic circumstances.

As bits and pieces of the secrets that these women are hiding begin to be revealed the book transitions from being women's fiction to psychological fiction. As I was drawn in to the nuances of this book I found myself even more riveted than before, hardly able to wait to find out what happened next. Just as I was convinced that the surprises were over McKenzie threw in a surprising epilogue that left me with my mouth hanging open.

I absolutely loved this book. It was the perfect mix of suspense and fiction. The writing was riveting, the plot intriguing, and the transitions seamless. The psychological fiction genre has exploded in the past year and it is easy for books to get lost among the white noise of all of the new releases. THE GOOD LIAR is one book that should make it in to your TBR pile.

Perfect for fans of both women's fiction and psychological fiction THE GOOD LIAR is a book not to be missed!

3 comments:

  1. Ive got this abd looking firward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friends, my name's Maria Andrea from Stockholm - Sweden. I read good comments about your good job, I'm very happy for you all as i have found same happiness in my life just yesterday morning, Few weeks ago i read a good testimony on similar blog website at my office place, i read a comment posted by a lady from Madrid she said a man from Africana nation called Dr.Oduduwa was able to bring back her ex boyfriend after 12 months of breakup. i was motivated and give it a try to contact same Dr.Oduduwa for urgent solution to restore back my broken marriage for about 2 years i have been separated. Just immediately i send email message to Dr.Oduduwa, I receive immediate reply from oduduwa email
    he told me that he can help me, he said my case is too simple for him to handle because he have solve similar cases over the years. I gave it a try because i have nothing to loose from trying. he demand for both love partners' photo image and i bought candles and other spell materials required for a successful result. Two days ago which was Tuesday morning after Oduduwa launched love spell portion activated, i got a phone call from my ex husband man, he talked with me so nicely and apologize for breaking up with me, that it was the devils hand work and he was feeling very sorry, i forgive him and thank him for coming back. it was shocking and a big surprise. i never could imagine it will work so quickly until yesterday morning my husband man came back home to meet me and our two lovely kids, today we are so happily eating dinner together and sharing nice moments. I am so grateful and thankful to Dr.Oduduwa great love spell caster that did restored back my happiness in life. I happily sincerely recommend him for anyone going through similar love relationship problems or marriage crisis.
    Oduduwa love spell portion work faster than expected within two seconds it take hold and there is no side effects. here oduduwa personal contact: (dr.oduduwaspellcaster@gmail. com)

    Love Spell prayers works' more better and faster instant result for the desperate and determined individuals who are seeking to restore their love relationship urgently can contact Dr.oduduwa have urgent help to resolve the following life issues;...
    * Magic spell portion to WIN GAMES (lotto win game )
    * Spell to terminate divorce court proceedings
    * Spell charm to divorce your love partner
    * Love spell charm to attract new love
    * Love Spells Win-Back Ex lover
    - Traditional roots and herbs healing Blood Cancer diseases, cure to high blood pressure and other body pains.
    WhatsApp.: +79268011965

    ReplyDelete