Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is being hosted for the month of September by Kathy at Bermudaonion. Thanks Kathy! Each week we share what books have made their way into our mailboxes, but be warned: Mailbox Monday can lead to huge wish lists and towering TBR piles!

I didn't do a Mailbox Monday post last week because we didn't get back from our short family vacation until Monday night, and Tuesday morning was chaotic as it was back to school for two of my boys and back to work for me! This MM post will include what I received in the last two weeks.


YOU Comma Idiot by Doug Harris was my sole arrival two weeks ago. I requested this book because it is Canadian and it seems like a quirky, unique read, a combination that I love. I have to say that the cover is fascinating, as are the immediate inside pages. Covered with drawings and sayings, it has the feel of a book that someone has opened and scribbled on. I love it, and am looking forward to reading it.


My first arrival last week was Perfect Blend by Sue Margolis, a win from the fabulous Melissas (yes, there are two of them!) at Chick Lit Central. Have you checked this blog out yet? If not, I highly recommend it. I have some insider's information that these ladies have some fabulous giveaways coming up, and who couldn't use a little more well-written chick lit in their life?


Next to arrive was Life After Yes by Aidan D. Rowley. I'm particularly excited to read this one- I broke down and bought this one after I failed to win a copy in several contests. Meg at write Meg! reviewed it a while back and I've been lusting after it ever since. A couple of weeks ago someone was blogging about their self-imposed book-buying ban- I panicked at the thought of not buying any books, and promptly went out and bought two from The Book Depository. The other book is yet to arrive.


The final arrival was a brand-new, hot off the presses copy of Planning to Live by one of my new favourite Canadian authors, Heather Wardell. After reading (and loving) her book Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many, I can't wait to read this one.

That was what was in my mailbox the last two weeks- what was in yours?

15 comments:

  1. meg's review of life after yes made me want to run out and buy it too! (which i have yet to do) i hope it lives up to its expectations and you enjoy it as well as all of the other books you got this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of You Comma Idiot is hilarious! I'm excited about Life After Yes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those first 3 books have great covers!

    My book blog: 5 Minutes for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your books look good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life After Yes looks amazing. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great. Some gorgeous covers! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I hope you love Life After Yes as much as I did! Definitely one of my favorite reads of the year. Looks like you got some other great books, too! Perfect Blend's cover is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No books and I am actually glad! This new job is seriously cutting into my reading time:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life After Yes is a new to me title but it does sound very good. I need to go read the review for it. I hope you savor and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like some good books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You Comma Idiot DOES indeed look like a wonderfully quirky, fun book! I had to laugh at your reaction to reading about someone's self-imposed book-buying ban. I just decided to stop accepting new review books until I'm caught up, but to NOT buy a book that's calling to me from the shelves? Can't ... no ... won't do it!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the plug! You rock! I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete