Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mailbox Monday

Another Monday, another Mailbox Monday! Hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page, Mailbox Monday is bound to expand both your wish list and your TBR piles!

Four new books entered my house via the mailbox this week. They were:


My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares- I've never read a book by Ann Brashares, but this one captured my attention.


Sima's Undergarments for Women by Ilana Stranger-Ross - Recently released in paperback (my preferred format), this one looks to be a great beach read.


The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain- Another author who I've heard lots about, but have yet to read a book by!

Finding Marco by Kenneth C. Cancellara- I love memoirs set in foreign countries. You could say that I'm a bit of an armchair traveller.

Today (Sunday) I made a visit to my favourite used bookstore! I don't get a lot of chances to go because they're only open from 2-4 pm (they're not-for-profit and currently raising money for Haiti, so they're staffed entirely by volunteers), and I'm usually working in the afternoon. My blogging friend Mandy and I have tentatively decided on the next book that we're reading together and since it has been out for a while, I decided to make a visit there to see if they had a copy. They didn't, but they had so many amazing treasures in there that I didn't go home empty-handed. It was tough narrowing my choices down, but this is what I came home with:

The Baby Trail by Sinead Moriarty
The Love Trainer by Julia Llwellyn
Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham
Bubbles A Broad by Sarah Strohmeyer
Multiple Choice by Claire Cook
Connections by Sheila O'Flanagan
Mixed Doubles by Jill Mansell (a Jill Mansell I don't own yet? Score!!)
Leave it to Cleavage by Wendy Wax
Swapping Lives by Jane Green
The Other Woman by Jane Green
Second Chance by Jane Green

That's everything that was in my mailbox (and book bag!) last week- what was in yours?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVED Sima's Undergarments for Women~~awesome story; enjoy your books!

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Sima's Undergarments for Women a while ago and I thought it was fantastic! All of your books look good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have My Name is Memory on my TBR list too. Hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first I've heard of "Sima's Undergarments" but since the synopsis mentioned Alice McDermott (one of my fav authors) I'm adding the book to my list. Thanks for posting about it! Enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked up a copy of Sima's Undergarments for Women at BEA and can't wait to read it. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read "The Last Summer (of you and me" by Ann Brashares. I wasn't a fan, but I heard great things about "Memory." I love Jane Green and all her books are good. I also read "Sleeping Arrangements" but wasn't a fan of that either. Try "Cocktails for Three" sometime. I also heard "Wedding Girl" was good.
    Thanks for posting my contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I've read great reviews of Sima's Undergarments I hope you enjoy the book very much.

    Have a great week, Jonita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading My Name is Memory and am enjoying it so far. I have yet to read Diane Chamberlain but I so want to read one of her books. I always see great reviews for them!

    ReplyDelete