Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (February 1)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is currently hosted by J.Kaye at J.Kaye's Book Blog. Each week we share what we read last week, as well as what we plan to read in the coming week.

I'm feeling a little off this week, reading-wise. Last night my husband and I went to a matinee of the movie "Legion" and when we got out of the theatre, our truck had been stolen. As angry as this made me, what was I the most upset about? Yup....my books! I had two in the truck- The Last River Child by Lori Ann Bloomfield and The Continuity Girl by Leah McLaren. I was several chapters away from finishing The Last River Child and was planning on starting The Continuity Girl next, so you could say that I am less than impressed. My hubby said that I could order replacements as soon as I want, but until then I'll be in suspense about the ending of The Last River Child. Man, what a weekend!

What I Read Last Week:

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin: I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one, and found that it was interesting and helpful! Highly recommended.

I Remain In Suspense About The Ending Of:

The Last River Child by Lori Ann Bloomfield: From what I've read so far, this is a captivating historical fiction novel by a Canadian author.

What I Plan to Read This Week:

The Parabolist by Nicholas Ruddock: This is an ARC sent to me by the publisher, and I can't wait to get started on this literary fiction novel.

The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak: This is another ARC, being released soon, that I can't wait to read. The story switches between a modern day story, as well as a historical one.

That's it for me for this week. What do you plan to read?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your copy of The Last River Child was stolen! Don't worry, we will get you another copy so you can read the fantastic ending and end your suspense!
    - Emma Rodgers of Second Story Press (publisher of TLRC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much Emma! What a wonderful surprise! My husband couldn't quite believe that I was more upset about the books than the truck, but it's really bothering me that I can't read the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your truck and the books! Hope they read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your truck was stolen? Oh my gosh!

    Hope everything (books included) comes back into your possession soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. was the truck recovered? I once had my purse stolen and was most upset about the brand-new lipstick in it though I didn't share that with the police. Luckily that purse was to small for a book so I was carrying my book separately.

    ReplyDelete