Monday, November 30, 2009

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page and each week we share what made its way into our mailboxes last week! I had an absolutely stellar overflowing mailbox last week, which made me a very happy girl.

On Monday I received a review copy of Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs, courtesy of Penguin Canada. I'm looking forward to reading this one as part of my 2009 Holiday Reading Challenge!

On Monday I also received a copy of Where We Have To Go by Lauren Kirshner, courtesy of the author. I'm excited about reading this one, especially because I'll have the chance to attend a reading being given by this author in February 2010.

On Wednesday I opened up the ol' mailbox and found a copy of After The Falls by Catherine Gildiner, courtesy of Marci at Serendipitous Readings. She's starting a book club, and this is our first read! Anyone can join in, we hang out over on Facebook. I also got a "book thong" from her, which I love (Marci says "Don't Ask!").

On Thursday I received a copy of Harlot's Sauce by Patricia Volonakis Davis, a contest win courtesy of the author and Lauren at Hidden Helpers. I'm excited to read this memoir about food, family, love, loss and Greece.

Finally, on Friday I received a win from Penguin Canada's Exclusive Reads: We Are All Made of Glue by Marina Lewycka. I'm looking forward to reading something humourous yet introspective.

Since I can only read about 3 books a week, I had better get cracking! What was in your mailbox?

2 comments:

  1. Nice list! I hope to read Knit the Season at some point. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knit the Season would be a good holiday book I think. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete