Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by J.Kaye over at J.Kaye's Book Blog! Each week we share what we've been reading, reviewing, and what our goals are for the upcoming week!

What I read last week:

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern: I ended up really enjoying this read about a spoiled young woman who learns to care about those around her.

In a Perfect World by Laura Kasischke: Wow! This one really stuck with me after I had read it- it's the end of the world as we know it!

Matchless by Gregory Maguire: I enjoyed reading this re-telling of the classic story The Little Match Girl. This is a great Christmas book, and my 10-year-old son loved reading it with me!

What I'm Reading Right Now:

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult: I've never read a Jodi Picoult before, but as I've almost finished this one, I can see why my SIL recommended it so highly.

What I Hope to Read This Week:

Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb: I'm reading this one for the 2009 Holiday Reading Challenge and hope to get to this one next.

The Shoe Princess's Guide to the Galaxy by Emma Bowd: Sent to me by the author, I'm hoping to read this one this week. It looks great- like a really good chocolate dessert!

The Truth About Love by Josephine Hart: If I have time this week (note the "if") I would like to read this one this week. I'm hoping to get my TBR pile caught up a bit before 2010!!

That's it for me- what are you reading this week?

6 comments:

  1. And all of Jodi Picoult are written basically the same way, with the same emotion for different points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received my winning book in the mail today. Thanks again for the great giveaway! I hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with J. Kaye's comment about Jodi's books. But I thoroughly enjoyed My Sister's Keeper.

    Ooh, I love the title of The Shoe Princess's Guide to the Galaxy. I hope you enjoy it!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki @ Bookizzle, that's one I haven't read yet. I need to get caught up on her books in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J.Kaye: I'm blown away about how TORN I feel while reading this one-I don't know who to root for!!

    Mandy: I'm glad that you got your book! I was wondering if it ever found its way to you. Love the new house, BTW, and hope that you guys are settling in fine!

    Nikki: I'm excited to read "The Shoe Princess"! It looks like just the kind of book for "The Book Chick", LOL! I'll let everyone know my thoughts as soon as I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy Wishin' and Hopin'. I thought it was cute : )

    ReplyDelete