Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Things That You May Not Know About Me

It's the latest Facebook craze: write a list of 25 things that people may not know about you and tag 25 people to do the same. I have to be honest: I don't generally do this stuff, but this one is rather interesting, and it is also interesting to see what people may write about themselves, so I thought that I would give it a try. So, without further ado, 25 things you may not know about me:

1. I have a bad sense of direction. Scratch that, I have a nonexistent sense of direction. If you tell me to go "south" I'll stare at you blankly until you rephrase it in terms that I can understand.

2. I have weird recurring dreams. It's actually not the events that reoccur, but the places. For example, in my dreams I have this all-glass apartment. Weird.

3. Reading is my passion. I read about 2 books a week, give or take. It depends on how interesting the subject matter is or how much free time I have that week.

4. If I could choose one chore that I wouldn't have to do for the rest of my life, it would be the dishes. I hate doing the dishes.

5. I don't like driving with Jay. If he's driving, it's fine, but when I'm driving and he's in the passenger seat, it makes me nervous, and I do stupid things.

6. I love getting mail. If I'm expecting a package, I'll check my mail box 3 or 4 times a day. It borders on obsessive.

7. I love Tim Horton's English Toffee Cappuccino. Love it. It just completes my morning.

8. When I was a kid I rode a sled face-first down a ravine at school and hit my forehead on a brick. I still have the scar.

9. I have absolutely no fashion sense, and when I go shopping for clothes I always take Jay along with me because he knows what looks good on me, and I have no clue.

10. It bugs me when my eyebrows haven't been recently waxed, so I get them done every six weeks.

11. I love shiny things, especially diamond wedding rings and sparkly tiaras.

12. When I was younger I travelled out East with my family, but other than that I've never travelled. I don't have a passport and I haven't been out of Canada, except for one small venture to Niagara Falls, New York.

13. I've never been in a wedding, other than my own.

14. I would rather have a small group of close friends than a large group of people who are only acquaintances.

15. I grew up without sisters, but in this past year (and in the upcoming one!) I've been blessed with 5 sister-in-laws!

16. My idea of a relaxing night is laying on the couch with some yummy snacks and watching a movie with my hubby.

17. I love school, and I would go back if I could. I don't even want to get a specific degree, I just want to go to the interesting classes and learn interesting things.

18. I wouldn't re-live my high school years if you paid me to. They were awful.

19. If I could lose 40 lbs in an instant, I would be a very, very happy girl.

20. I think that every woman should be treated like a Princess. In fact, the unofficial theme of our wedding was "Jonita is the Princess".

21. I didn't actually care what month I got married in. Since I really didn't have a preference, I let Jay pick. He picked July, I picked the date.

22. I hold on to the hope that I'm going to win the lottery someday, although I rarely play it.

23. My kids drive me absolutely crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't trade them for all of the money in the world. I adore those little guys, and I think that all three of them are uniquely amazing.

24. I admire my mom more that anyone else in the world. Her inner strength amazes me, and I talk to her pretty much every day. If I grow up to be 1/10th of the woman she is, I'll be happy.

25. If I could choose a husband out of all of the men in the world, I would still choose Jay. Somehow he manages to show me how much he loves me in little ways every day, and I appreciate that.

So, that's that! Since I can't "tag" people on my blog, I'll just tell you. I would love to see what Randy and Marci would come up with for this one, so there you go, guys! The challenge has been issued!

1 comment:

  1. Add me to your facebook, and I'll tag you I already did it on Sunday coz one of my friends here tagged me and I tagged a whole lotta people LOL

    ReplyDelete