Saturday, March 22, 2008

"You Suck: A Love Story" by Christopher Moore

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed by this particular Christopher Moore novel. It was okay, but not better than okay. The first Christopher Moore novel that I read was "A Dirty Job". I loved that book! It was funny, interesting, and it managed to be insightful all at the same time. The highlight of "You Suck" for me was actually a brief part in which Jody, the redheaded vampire vixen, meets up with Charlie Asher, who was the main character in "A Dirty Job".

Moore maintains his trademark humour throughout the book, but I still found it a little tedious. It took me an uncharacteristically long time to get through it, although I'm not sure if that was because the book was a little slow or because I've been super busy. The characters were okay, but I didn't particularly connect or identify with any of them. Borrow it if you've liked Moore's other novels, but don't rush out and buy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment