Saturday, July 23, 2016

Emily Giffin on Tour in Toronto!

First of all, I know that it has been a while since I last posted, and I'm sorry. I have no excuse except that time for myself (ie. reading and blogging, LOL), seems to come last after kids, work, the dog, cleaning the house, and time with the hubby. Since it's the summer I spend as little time indoors as possible anyways. We are lucky enough to live within 20 minutes of a beautiful beach (I LOVE Southern Ontario!) so I head there with the boys as much as I can. Long story short, I've been doing far more reading than reviewing!

This week I had the pleasure of heading to a Chapters just outside of Toronto to attend a book signing with the immensely gracious Emily Giffin. Authors are my rock stars, and this is the second signing of hers that I have attended. The event was very well organized and even though there were about 200 people in attendance, it went so smoothly. Even though there was a wait (almost 2 hours) to meet her and have my picture taken with her and have her sign my books, she was so sweet and patient with everyone. She laughed about trying to pronounce my name before signing my copies of First Comes Love and Something Blue. She also confirmed that a Something Blue movie is definitely happening! I'm so excited!

Emily's lovely daughter Harriet was there as well. She was so well behaved despite their jam-packed tour schedule while they were here in Toronto, and she even decorated some lovely bookmarks for those of us lucky enough to get one! Topping off the whole experience was the fact that Emily replied to one of the Instagram pictures that I posted from the tour. EEK! I can't wait to see her when she comes back again in two years!







1 comment: