Monday, February 17, 2014

Review: "The Unpredicatable Consequences of Love" by Jill Mansell

I always look forward to Jill Mansell's latest release. I know that I can count on her for a fun, romantic, enjoyable read and I have yet to be disappointed! The Unpredictable Consequences of Love is the latest in Mansell's line of bestsellers and I devoured it quickly.

Sophie Wells is living in St Carys and is making a living as a photographer. Her business means the world to her and she isn't interested in having a man in her life. She also has secrets from her past that make her unwilling to get involved with anyone but she isn't ready to share those with anyone. Josh, newly returned home from America to run the family hotel, can't understand why Sophie keeps turning him down when clearly there are sparks between them, but he is determined to find out why one way or another.

Tula, Sophie's best friend, can't believe that she's been fired just for calling in sick one time, but she has. Luckily Sophie's couch is always available to crash on and Tula lucks into an even better job in St Carys. Lazy and carefree surfer Riley can't get Tula off of his mind, but unfortunately his feelings are unrequited.

As the drama unfolds and secrets are revealed in idyllic St Carys, a few people are going to get far more than they bargained for.

The Unpredictable Consequences of Love was just as much fun to read as I was anticipating. Mansell's characters came to life on the page and the reserved and serious Sophie was just as interesting to get to know as the carefree and vivacious Tula! As is typical in Mansell's books, the stories of the supporting characters were just as interesting as those of the main characters.

I appreciated that there was a serious aspect to this book as well. While the story was fun for the most part there was one part that was more serious. It added depth to the story but it didn't weigh it down if what you were looking for was more of a light book.

As long as Jill Mansell writes books, I will read them- it's that simple. I've enjoyed every one of her books to date in one way or another. Sure, they're predictable, but that's one of the things that I love about them. They are sure to please, every time!

2 comments:

  1. I too like her books. They are fun and light and very easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's nice to sit down with a book every once in a while that demands nothing of you but to enjoy! I really love her books for that!

      Delete