Monday, February 15, 2010

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Each week we share what arrived in our mailboxes last week. Be warned: Mailbox Monday can lead to towering TBR piles and staggering Amazon bills! I had a great week last week for books. This is what arrived:

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker: This was a contest win from Chick With Books and I've been wanting to read this one since it came out in hardcover! I was so excited to get this one.

Rain Dance by Joy DeKok: This story is about two women who meet in a doctor's office; one woman is ending unsuccessful fertility treatments and one is scheduling a termination of her pregnancy. It's sure to be a thought-provoking read! I won this from Winning Readings.

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman: This was a completely unexpected arrival. I had requested it, but hadn't expected it to come! This book has gotten so many rave reviews that I can't wait to dive in. Thanks Penguin Canada!

Rumor Has It by Jill Mansell: I am quite possibly the biggest Jill Mansell fan ever, so getting a review copy of this one caused much excitement at my house. Thanks Sourcebooks!

Since I missed MM last week because I had a funeral to go to on Monday I thought that I would include the books that I received last week as well. Here they are:

Toby: A Man by Todd Babiak: This arrival from HarperCollins was a thoroughly enjoyable read and will be reviewed this week sometime, as soon as I manage to catch up on my reviews a little.

The Last River Child by Lori Ann Bloomfield: Second Story Press very generously offered to send me a new copy of this one, after my copy was stolen along with our truck two weekends ago. Look out for my review and author interview later this week!

Pesto Packin' Mama by Nan D. Arnold: This ARC arrived directly from the author for review. I can't wait to read this one!

That was my (two) week(s) in books- what was in your mailbox?

While you're here, why don't you enter my giveaways for Corked by Katheryn Borel (March 6, US only) or Try Darkness by James Scott Bell (March 6, US/Can)?

9 comments:

  1. Color me jealous over the Jill Mansell title. I love her and have been buying her books directly from the UK for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mailbox week! You will love CeeCee Honeycutt! It's wonderful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished CeeCee Honeycutt this morning. I hope you enjoy it. Pesto Packin' Mama sounds like a riot. Have a good week, Jonita,and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some terrific books this week. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely batch of books this week!

    My mailbox haul is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain Dance sounds interesting and very thought-provoking. Toby: A Man looks really good too.

    Want to enter my Book Lover's Basket Giveaway?? It would help my family a ton in the long run too!!

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/book-lovers-prize-basket-international.html


    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Saving CeeCee Honeycutt being chosen as an Okra Pick - http://ow.ly/18QEV

    ReplyDelete