Monday, November 16, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by J.Kaye over at J.Kaye's book blog. Each week we share what we read last week, and what we hope to read this week.

Books I Finished Last Week:

24 Hours London by Marsha Moore: This book was a completely unique guide to London, England, filled with fascinating tidbits and places to visit. It will definitely be coming along with me if I ever get to travel to London.

Girl Trouble by Holly Goddard Jones: This book of short stories absolutely captivated me. Each one was raw and real and I look forward to Goddard Jones' future novels.

The Opposite of Love by Julie Buxbaum (review to come): After reading and loving Buxbaum's latest novel, After You, I figured that I would give this one a try. I'm glad that I did, as I absolutely loved it. Buxbaum is one heck of a talented author.

Books I Plan To Read This Week:

A Little Distellery in Nowgong by Ashok Mathur: I love reading fiction set in the Middle Eastern countries, so I'm sure that I will enjoy this one.

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen: I can't wait to read what I think will be a hilarious memoir.

In a Perfect World by Laura Kasischke: I've heard great things about this one lately and can't wait to read it. I don't think that I'll have a chance to start it this week, although I plan on trying. Little Distillery is a big book and I think that it will take me a bit.

That's it for me for this week- what are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. So glad you loved Julie Buxbaum's book. I have that one on my list of wanna reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear that you enjoyed THE OPPOSITE OF LOVE, and thanks for blogging about it. Can't wait to read your review!

    (And J. Kaye--very much hope you enjoy too!)

    All the best,
    Julie Buxbaum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a really good week for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy In A Perfect World -- definitely a compelling, creepy read! I really liked it but was really unsettled after finishing it. So realistic! Very poetic.

    And I can't wait to read The Opposite Of Love soon -- I adored After You!

    ReplyDelete