Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by J.Kaye over at J.Kaye's Book Blog. Yes, I know that it's actually Tuesday. You could say that I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I'm still recovering from the weekend and the two Halloween parties we attended (one for the kids, one for the adults). When I got home during the wee hours of Sunday morning it looked like a tornado had torn through the house in my absence and I'm making up for it now. Order seems to be mostly restored, and I finally have time for a blog post!

What I Read Last Week:

Ruby's Diary by Ruby Gettinger: This was an encouraging story about Ruby's very personal, yet very public struggle to lose weight. A great story for any fan of the Ruby show.

The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes (review to come): Does it come as any surprise that I loved this one? I thought not. However, I'm still mentally writing my review, as the plot certainly gave me a lot to think about (this isn't your cotton-candy fluffy chick lit, ladies!).

What I'm Currently Reading:

The Twisted Heart by Rebecca Gowan: I just started this one last night and the jury's still out. This is the story of a lonely post-graduate in London and her tentative new romance. I'm 98 pages in and still waiting for it to grab me, but I'll continue on.

What I Plan On Reading This Week:

24 Hours London by Marsha Moore: The author was kind enough to send me a copy of this brand new, very fun tour guide about London, England. It looks fascinating and I can't wait to start it!

Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes: This one is something that I personally bought a while ago at my local Coles store. I like chick lit, so I'm looking foward to giving it a try!

That's my plan for this week- what's yours??

2 comments:

  1. The Rebecca Gowan book looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Twisted Heart is intriguing. Will be curious to see your review when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete