Sunday, August 3, 2008

"The Rosetta Key" William Dietrich

The Plot: Explorer Ethan Gage is back, and this time he's looking for the "Book of Thoth", an ancient scroll said to be in the possession of Moses at one time. Gage gets himself in many scrapes along the way (both professionally and romantically!) and must find the Book and prevent it from reaching the wrong hands.

The Good: I don't believe that I have ever read an adventure novel before (or not many, at least!) and I did find it to be quite interesting, rather like an action film. I found many parts of the novel intriguing, and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. I loved the description of the places that Gage and his unlikely crew explored in an attempt to locate "The Book of Thoth". The descriptions were vivid and I felt as if I were there. It was an action-packed book!!!

The Bad: This is not usually the type of book that I read, and because I am just not that interested in wars, I found all of the battles boring (sorry!!!) There were a lot of battles, and fights, and armies in the book. Lots......which made for a lot of boring parts for me! Therefore, I probably won't be reading any more of these books myself, but I would definitely recommend it to others to read. Although it wasn't really "my thing" it was really well written and interesting (well, the non-battle parts!).

About the book:
http://harpercollins.ca/global_scripts/product_catalog/book_xml.asp?isbn=0061239550

No comments:

Post a Comment