Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Thanks for the Memories" Cecilia Ahern

I've been crazy busy lately, planning for my wedding (which is coming up in less than two and a half months...ahhhh!!!!) I mean, seriously, what possesed me to think that I could plan a wedding while raising three little boys and working part-time? I must not have been thinking. Either that, or I'm not a millionaire and I have no choice but to do it on my own. Ahhhh...that must be it.

Wedding planning aside, I'm still reading as much as I have time for, which isn't much time but you'd be amazed what a stress relief losing yourself in a good book can be. I was really excited to read Cecilia Ahern's "Thanks for the Memories". I'm a huge fan, and I couldn't wait to lose myself in this one. As with her other novels, I was not disappointed.

Justin Hitchcock just moved to London and while giving a guest lecture at a University in Dublin, an attractive employee for the local blood bank convinces him to donate blood despite his deathly fear of needles. At about the same time Joyce Conway suffers a fall down her stairs that causes her to miscarry and lose a lot of blood.

After she comes out of the hospital, Joyce finds strange things happening. She "remembers" things that she never experienced, suddenly has a vast knowledge of all things art, and has a strange way of meeting up with a man that she thinks that she should know, but definitly doesn't.

As Justin and Joyce meet more and more randomly, they begin to find out more about one another and are faced with a decision: do you follow your heart, regardless of how strange that may feel, or do you avoid that which you do not truly understand and miss out on a chance at love?

I can't express how much I enjoyed this book. I polished it off in about two days simply because I was unable to put it down. Ahern's own unique brand of chick-lit with a heart will keep you captivated until the very last page.

For more on this book visit:
http://harpercollins.ca/global_scripts/product_catalog/book_xml.asp?isbn=000723368X

No comments:

Post a Comment